So tell me KC...

My photo
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Hello, my name is Miss K Cooke BA Hons or Kacie/KC. Art ~ Literature ~ Photography ~ Nature ~ Music ~ Tea ~ Mermaid ~ Cats ~ Cross Stitch ~ Yoga ~ The Sea ~ Crafts ~ Wonderland ~- ~ Daniel Koulikourdis ~ 08.02.08 DeerKC.illustration@gmail.com

Sunday 6 May 2012

Let's go clubbing

A lot of Animals are horribly ABUSED whether it's for fashion, to become 'delicasies', I believe animals should only ever be used in dyer messeaures, for food if none else available or for clothing again if no other material is available but in the day and age we live in there is no excuse to really kill an animal and even if killed should be done HUMANELY unlike these poor seals are, baby seals are battered with baseball bats, there mothers watch helplessly while there children beaten and killed, or their mothers are tranquilises so they don't nterfear. The reason they are beaten is not for food, or shelter and is not a matter of the humans life or death. It is for FASHION!!

They are clubbed to death as the clubs do not damage the fur which is then taken of the cubs to be made into clothes such as fur coats and scarves, even with FAUX FUR available people still feel the need and want to kill these beautiful creatures. This is what this poster is about, it Is a simple idea of 'let's go clubbing' this term often meant as going out to night clubs and such, but I thought I'd use it because it makes this whole ordeal seem normal, easy and happy.

I toyed with two thumbnail ideas, one of a lad smiling with a baseball bat and seals in the background, it's subtle but shows enough of a hint, and the other idea was to show a seal holding a bat! With the phrase above its head, I decided to go with the seal as I didn't want to stereotype people, I couldn't draw an old man, or a young lad which would match more to the phase, I couldn't pick one because I don't know what kind of people would even do this horrible act.

It's inspired by a very touching drastic advert shown below.

No comments:

Post a Comment