So tell me KC...

My photo
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Hello, my name is Miss K Cooke BA Hons or Kacie/KC. Art ~ Literature ~ Photography ~ Nature ~ Music ~ Tea ~ Mermaid ~ Cats ~ Cross Stitch ~ Yoga ~ The Sea ~ Crafts ~ Wonderland ~- ~ Daniel Koulikourdis ~ 08.02.08 DeerKC.illustration@gmail.com

Thursday 26 January 2012

Greg 'Craola' Simkins

http://www.imscared.com/


‘’People often ask me, ’’Greg how did you get the nickname Craola?’’ Well, it was in fourth grade and I was a tremendous pain in the neck to my teacher, so once again she locked me in the closet. It wasn’t until the third hour that I heard a voice whisper to me, ’’I can get you out of here.’’ To my surprise I whirled around and could just barely make out a shape I the dim light. As my eyes focused, I realized it was some kind of mouse spider. It was as if the top half of a mouse had been sewn onto a spider’s body. Can you believe that? And how could it talk? As it was explaining to me a way of escape, I could barely focus and grabbed the 64 pack of crayons of the shelf behind the abomination and squashed it with the box. Just then my teacher opened the closet to see what the commotion was about and revealed the scene to the entire class. From then on I was known as Craola the mouse/spider killer (but later dropped the end part). Oh yeah I like to paint to. The end.’’

- Greg 'Craola' Simkins, from the book Juxtapoz Dark Arts, published in 2009 by Gingko Press, Inc.




Greg 'Craola' is amazing, the way he changes animals to become characters and even creatures. His style is amazing and it’s even shown in his sketches, no matter what media he uses you can tell who it’s done by. His characters are so creative and I love how he combines a few of them together in his images so its almost a collage.


No comments:

Post a Comment