So tell me KC...

My photo
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Hello, my name is Miss K Cooke BA Hons or Kacie/KC. Art ~ Literature ~ Photography ~ Nature ~ Music ~ Tea ~ Mermaid ~ Cats ~ Cross Stitch ~ Yoga ~ The Sea ~ Crafts ~ Wonderland ~- ~ Daniel Koulikourdis ~ 08.02.08 DeerKC.illustration@gmail.com

Monday 23 January 2012

Why are your Feet Bare?

My project is called Bear Feet because it is about controversial matters to do with animals, ‘’bare feet’’ indicate that there is no footwear or stability surrounding feet, this is my metaphor for global warming, and also a play on words as I’ve spelt Bare as the animal, Bear.

(See the picture attached as it was my inspiration for the title of my blog).

 


My research project is about 2 things;
1. Being Controversy involving animals, the way they are used, exploited, tortured and blamed because of our actions and our behaviour such as pollution, exploiting for money at the circus or online for fun, invasion of their homes, going into their habitat to kill or make man made changes and if we get attacked, then the animal gets blamed and slaughtered.

2. Disturbing or creepily drawn things. My theory is that the more disturbed and gross the image is, the more it sticks to the audience‘s brains. It has more effect, more meaning and more of a dramatic outcome.

My aim is to thoroughly research both these points, looking at Global warming, Animal abuse, Testing on animals and the advertisements, videos and imagery around these, both subtle and disturbing to see which one is more effective to the audience.

I am going to look at artists who draw disturbingly and release their work whether its through puppetry, illustrations, animations, actions or other media. I will then influenced by these do a serious of experiments ranging from subtle to disturbing, and get the public to vote on which is most effective.

I am also aiming to produce these images into posters or tee shirts and sell them as to see which one people not only vote for but are willing to pay for and wear/use them. All proceeds will be given to a relevant charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment