So tell me KC...

My photo
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Hello, my name is Miss K Cooke BA Hons or Kacie/KC. Art ~ Literature ~ Photography ~ Nature ~ Music ~ Tea ~ Mermaid ~ Cats ~ Cross Stitch ~ Yoga ~ The Sea ~ Crafts ~ Wonderland ~- ~ Daniel Koulikourdis ~ 08.02.08 DeerKC.illustration@gmail.com

Monday 23 January 2012

Chris Mars

http://www.chrismarspublishing.com/

‘’My figures are real In that they express my feelings about things that exist in reality - prejudice, persecution, pain and relief. My intent is to present a mood that can be taken at first glance to be disturbing or strange, exemplifying this: human beings, innately visual creatures, have a tendency to respond abruptly to how things might appear or look. Observing how people responded to my brothers schizophrenia, I learned that it is too easy for people to stigmatize or misjudge out of fear or misunderstanding. This extends to how people may become bigoted - socially, religiously, and ethnically. In the end, how people behave toward one another is far more horrifying than any work of art. Thought my paintings have been described as nightmarish, I don’t feel personally this way, or consider them dark. Instead I am hopeful tat they are a conduit to start or continue a conversation based on these themes.’’

Chris Mars, from the book Juxtapoz Dark Arts, published in 2009 by Gingko Press, Inc.-





 Chris’ works are one of the scariest I’ve seen, there’s something about the way he portrays people so that they can look through you, there faces stay with you, I think its bizarre how he doesn’t see how disturbing it is, but it does all have a truly interesting story behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment