So tell me KC...

My photo
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Hello, my name is Miss K Cooke BA Hons or Kacie/KC. Art ~ Literature ~ Photography ~ Nature ~ Music ~ Tea ~ Mermaid ~ Cats ~ Cross Stitch ~ Yoga ~ The Sea ~ Crafts ~ Wonderland ~- ~ Daniel Koulikourdis ~ 08.02.08 DeerKC.illustration@gmail.com

Monday 23 January 2012

Alex Pardee



‘’As I was walking to my friends deli where guessing the correct weight of a sandwich yields a prize, I saw a man get hit by a car. His hip slammed against the licence plate on the car’s raised bumper and the force of the impact cause half of his axial skeleton to instantly eject itself from the mans skins and muscles. The driver of the murder weapon didn’t even slow down to apologise, or dare I say, laugh. I shouted uncontrollably and sprinted over to the victim but I quickly realised he wasn’t a man at all. What I watched explode onto the asphalt like a cartoon piñata, was actually a plastic garbage bag with a few shreds of bone white paper and a cranberry juice box. Things like this happen to me all the time. I guess my imagination takes over a lot and makes me see things that don’t happen, and that don’t exist. I try to draw and paint some of these experiences and creatures to share them with you, but I have a long way to go before I can really help you see what I see’’

- Alex Pardee,
from the book Juxtapoz Dark Arts, published in 2009 by Gingko Press, Inc.




Alex is one of my all time favourite artists, he has such a unique style, and I think its amazing how he incorporates missing children with the majority of his characters.

It's very graphic and has a lot of influenced gore, his images show an obvious disturbia, but are still cute in doing so, like they were meant for children

No comments:

Post a Comment