So tell me KC...

My photo
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Hello, my name is Miss K Cooke BA Hons or Kacie/KC. Art ~ Literature ~ Photography ~ Nature ~ Music ~ Tea ~ Mermaid ~ Cats ~ Cross Stitch ~ Yoga ~ The Sea ~ Crafts ~ Wonderland ~- ~ Daniel Koulikourdis ~ 08.02.08 DeerKC.illustration@gmail.com

Monday 23 January 2012

Peacocking

There was recently a trend for peacock feathers, and many peacocks (being Male as the females are called peahens) were plucked for their feathers to be made into jewellery, accessories and so on, as the males use these feathers to gloat and attract mates, these now humiliated peacocks couldn't attract the females, which meant no fertilisation, no peachicks. (baby peacocks/peahens). 

The population dropped very quickly and very dramatically, so in this image I’ve decided that the Peacock is going to get revenge and has ripped off the arms of humans, and gouged out there eyeballs to turn into his tail feathers.



I made the arms holding the eyes because at the end of a peacock feather, there is a large oval shape, this is called the eye. I thought it was ironic somehow.

I am really proud of this piece, and am thinking about re creating it adding a bit more gore and detail and possibly colouring on computer rather than by hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment